domingo, 3 de agosto de 2014

Welcome Letter


                                                              
August 6, 2014

Dear Parents,
   Welcome to Algebra 1 at DS! My name is Marilís Zambrana and I feel honored to be your child's teacher this school year.
   This is my second year here at Discovery School. Besides teaching Algebra 1, I am also the Guidance and Career Counselor here at DS.  Before I worked here, I taught mathematics for five years at a bilingual school here in Honduras. Then I moved to El Salvador where I worked at another bilingual school teaching sixth grade for the next five years. There I met my husband who is German and we decided to move to Hamburg, Germany. We have two daughters from our marriage, both of them attending this school. I had the privilege of teaching culturally diverse groups of elementary school children at an international school there in Hamburg. I earned both my teaching and masters degree at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge.
   I am a firm believer that every child has the capacity to learn as long as he or she is exposed to a variety of teaching methods which instill in them a desire to learn and succeed in every task. I love working with children and playing the important role of an educator.
   I hope we keep the channels of communication open throughout the school year with the hope of helping your child ( my student) achieve his/her full potential. Please don’t hesitate to make me aware of any problems or doubts you might have during the year either through e-mail or by requesting an appointment when you need one. I look forward to working hand in hand with you this school year.
Sincerely,                               

Marilis Zambrana Beckmann

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario